“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17
Parks and Rec…what a great show that made me want to move to Pawnee, IN. Leslie Knope was famous for her quirky yet extremely sentimental “holidays.” and coined the term “Galentine’s Day” to be celebrated with her gal pal Ann on February 13. Over a decade has passed since the first Galentine’s Day and the concept has only gained momentum.
My closest besties call ourselves “Bakers Dozen” so here are 13 of my favorite quotes and inspiring words for all the gals out there making a difference!
1. Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
2. Empowered women empower women.
3. A strong women looks challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink.
4. You can tell who the strong women are, they’re the ones building each other up instead of tearing each other down.
5. Some women fear the fire…some women simply become it. (r.h. sin)
6. There is no force equal to a woman determined to rise. (W.E.B. Dubois)
7. If you’re searching for that one person to change your life, look in the mirror.
8. “You always had the power, my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.” (The Wizard of Oz)
9. “There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.” (Madeleine Albright)
10. “Uteruses before duderuses. Ovaries before brovaries.” (Leslie Knope)
11. Never make yourself small for anyone. Be your own person and try wearing a little lipstick. (Grey’s Anatomy)
12. Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help and brave enough to ask for it.
13. The world needs strong women. Women who will lift and build others, who will love and be loved. Women who live bravely, both tender and fierce. Women of indomitable will. (Amy Tenney)
To all the amazing women in my life (starting with my MOM) I treasure you. You’re a gift and I honor you this Galentine’s Day!